Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I got April Fooled.

So guess who won our game of candlelit crib?

Me! :)

Obviously then, Earth Hour ended up being an outrageous success in our household.


But it happened 3 days ago. It's ancient news now. Let's fast-forward to today: April 1st. Did you get April Fooled? Well, I did.

I was watching Canada AM this morning when I had about a million other things I should have been doing instead. I wasn't thinking about April Fool's Day at all. And that's how the bastards got me.

It was the end of the show and they started talking about a BBC documentary on a newly discovered colony of penguins that can fly.

You know, I probably shouldn't be telling this to anybody, much less broadcasting it online. But it's the truth. For about half of the segment, my mouth hung open in total awe of these amazing, flying penguins.

The clip they showed was a spot created by the BBC for April Fool's Day. It's really well done. Especially when they show the penguins "taking off". In case you haven't seen it, it can be viewed online here.

About half way through, I started to get suspicious. They fly thousands of miles every year to the Amazonian rainforest to find winter sun? Wait.... what? Reverse evolution??

Oh God.

Just before the segment (and the show) ended, Jeff Hutchenson exclaimed, "And it's April 1st, ladies and gentlemen!" and then I was certain.


AH! I got April Fooled... bad. Flying penguins?? Gee whiz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess the mouth wide open in wonderment is an inherited thing..

Teehee. Yeah They go me too.