Friday, April 25, 2008

Both sides now.

Rows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way

But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

Pretty song lyrics, huh? They're from "Both Sides Now", written and performed by Canada's own Joni Mitchell. I love that song!! In case it's been a while, a 1970 performance of it can be viewed online here.

Pretty pictures of clouds make me think of "Both Sides Now". Like the one above I took last summer at work. I love clouds. They're like a painting in the sky.

Whenever I notice a particularly pretty looking sky and I have my camera handy, I'll snap a pic. So I have loads of cloud pictures.

Yup. Clouds are awesome. I even painted some on a couple of shelves in the bathroom a few months ago!

Painting furniture is fun. But that's a whole 'nother post.

How do you like to look at clouds? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always loved that song as a kid. Gee..I guess Joni must be old. Teehee

Smelanie said...

Ancient!

Ha ha ha. I didn't know you liked that song!

Anonymous said...

Guess it just never came up in the past 27 years..Haha!You never told me YOU like it. Didn't even know you'd heard it before. Talk about with holding information..Teehee