Monday, April 7, 2008

Holy crap, it's Spring!

Is it ever freakin' beautiful outside today! Wow. The Weather Network is saying 6°C, but it feels way warmer. The sun is shining and finally, FINALLY, it's starting to feel like Spring.

Ahhhhhhhh. :)

Earlier this afternoon I decided to head out for a long walk and enjoy the day. No definite destination in mind. As it turns out, I ended up at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.

Look at what I got!






















For a phenomenal $3.99, no less!

Besides the glass bowl, the whole thing is made out of wood. Guts and all. The wooden dowel that you would put the penny in will turn, but it turns hard. So I'm not sure whether or not the thing will actually work. There's a little groove cut out in the base on the right hand side where the gum ball would roll out. It's just adorable.

I haven't decided if I'm actually going to put gum balls in it or not. I'm thinking I should, but I guess we'll see. I'm not even sure where it's going to end up yet!

How exciting. I love the Salvation Army Thrift Store. And I love Spring even more. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this thing. It's awesome. Awesomely awesome even.

Maybe...

Just maybe...

It's Awesomely Awesomely Awesome.

But we may never be sure.