Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mama mia!!

Boy. It's been a while since I last painted a picture. Not since the Log Driver's Waltz, and that was almost 2 months ago.

So today I decided that I really wanted to paint a picture. Of what, I wasn't sure. I knew that would come later. Thankfully I had a canvas on hand so I was able to do 'er up just as the urge struck.

I decided to make something to hang in the kitchen. It is the most neglected room in the apartment as far as decoration goes. But what would make sense in a kitchen? After a little consideration, I decided on a chef. Did a bit of online research and found a print to copy.

Here's how he turned out.























I showed it to Bruce when he got home, before it was framed or on the wall. After admiring it for a few moments he said, "Wait... isn't that the wallpaper in here?"

Yes it is!


















Ha!!

When we moved in, there was a small square of the wallpaper that's in the kitchen laying on top of the upper cupboards. As soon as I found it I knew I wanted to make some foolish kind of artwork with it to hang on the wall. Today it finally happened. And I like how it turned out.

And oh, nice frame, eh? Came from the Dollar Store. The canvas, too. Have I mentioned lately how much I love the Dollar Store? Hehehe. I love it a lot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chef looks like he's jumping out of a wormhole or something.

"I've crossed space and time to bake you FRENCH BREAD!"

-Italian Space Chef

Smelanie said...

Tee hee.

Actually, it's a vortex. Do try to keep up.

I wonder if he came across the fish shifting between planes of existence during his travels...