Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I baked cookies!

And now that those of you who know me well have picked yourselves up off the floor, here's a picture.

I do not normally bake. Anything. I can't even remember the last time I tried. It's been at least five years... probably even longer. A few bad baking experiences when I was younger pretty much turned me off of the whole idea all together. Always seemed like an awful lot of work to go through just to end up with something that really sucked.

I'm not sure what made me decide to give it another go after all this time. I got a recipe for shortbread and icing from my mom, acquired a few ingredients I didn't already have here, and baked up a storm.

I think I saw poor Bruce do a bit of a double take when he came home and saw what I had been up to. Best part is, they turned out good! And Bruce agrees. We're not sure what the cat thinks of the whole ordeal. I don't picture a cat having much to say about a batch of shortbread cookies either way.

I actually had a lot of fun doing this. I'm gonna give this baking thing a try again sometime! Maybe even warn Bruce beforehand, too. No one deserves a shock like that without fair warning ahead of time. That's just mean!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shock was mostly due to the fact that I thought they were sugar cookies, which Mel has never made.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Looks good enough to eat!

Mama S said...

awww....look who's turned all "Martha Stewart"!!!! tee hee

They look yummy!