Thursday, April 17, 2008

Apple head doll: 1 week later.

Since it's been a week since I last talked about the big apple head doll attempt, I thought I'd give a little progress update. The faithful reader will be pleased to learn that it has yet to mold over as I had originally feared. In fact, it seems to be drying out rather nicely.

To refresh your memory, here's what the apple looked like just after I carved a face out and hung it to dry.














And here's how it's looking now!














Ain't it great? Check out the stem in both the pics. Wow! The apple has really shriveled up quite a bit already. And still with a couple more weeks of drying left, according to my online sources. Pretty neat!

Yep. So far, so good. I had originally hung it in the kitchen... probably not the driest room in the joint what with all of the steam from cooking and dishes and stuff. I clued in to this on Day 2. So I made an executive decision and moved it to the bedroom beside the window. And it seems to be working out pretty good so far.

That's one week down....... stay tuned!

No comments: