Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You know those lint roller pet hair grabber thingies?

Oh, surely you do... especially if you own a pet.

I'm talking about those rolls of sticky paper on a handle that's supposed to be really good for picking lint and pet hair up off your clothes and whatnot. We have one of these things and yeah, they work pretty good.

And yet, I've come to realize that there exists a material that does a much better job at picking up cat hair than mere sticky paper.

















AHHHHH!!!!

I meant to mention this in my post about the cat and his chair a couple of days ago; another decidedly less cute side of the tale that's definitely worth mentioning. Yup. To hell with sticky paper. It's all about the green corduroy, baby. That's what they should make those lint roller pet hair grabber thingies out of. The stuff is like a cat hair magnet.

To be honest I don't really know how it is that the poor guy has any hair left at all. Anyone out there looking for a cat? I'm sure I've thrown enough cat hair out by now to make one for ya....

It's really too bad. All that hair doesn't look very nice, and it's white so it really shows. Cats "molt" in the Spring, eh? So I'm hoping the severity of this problem is just temporary. I've been cleaning the chair off every day, and it's not an easy task. It really is like a magnet!

Next time I'm looking to buy a chair I'll have to bring the cat along to see if he sticks. Ah ha ha ha!

1 comment:

shawn said...

This is a big problem with our green chair as well- the cat hair has become one with the fabric and it's pretty much half chair-half cat at this point. I'm pretty sure the chair actually clawed me the other day.