Sunday, April 20, 2008

Whip one up.

Our elementary school would hold a Science Fair in the gym every year. Coming up with a project was completely optional. And so the year my little brother was in grade 3 or 4, he decided not to do one.

Well, right up until around 8 pm the night before.

"We could just whip one up!", he argued his case to our mother. Ha! A Science Fair project isn't really something you can "whip up" an hour before bedtime! Needless to say, it did not happen.

So earlier this week I "whipped up" a little craft project and just as I sat down to talk about it here I thought of this story and it made me giggle. Fortunately for me, craft projects are far easier to whip up an hour before bedtime than Science Fair ones.

Well here's what I made.














A few weeks ago I had bought a package of 3 wooden "trinket boxes" at the Dollar Store. No idea what I was gonna end up doing with them. But they were way too cute to leave there. As it turns out, this one was the perfect little project to "whip up" an evening last week when I felt the urge to get crafty.

And it matches the Mary Poppins vase! Which is obviously all that counts here, because I still have no friggin idea what I'm actually going to use it for! Maybe some little trinkets after all. Or a couple pieces of jewelry perhaps.

I'll think of something. The end isn't important, it's all about getting there. Ya gotta love quick and easy craft projects like this that just make you grin. I had loads of fun whipping this one up!

No comments: