Sunday, April 6, 2008

Magnificent magnets.

It's been a little while since I last crafted. I've just been too busy doing other things; namely, writing. Which I guess is a craft in and of itself! My article on Jupiter was accepted for publication in a kid's magazine last week. The second piece I've had accepted now. It's scheduled to come out in January, and I'm pretty excited.

So the faithful reader might remember me having mentioned that I picked up Scrabble at the charity garage sale yesterday. Despite the fact that we already own Scrabble! Why? I bought it for a craft project I've had in mind for months now, patiently awaiting the day that I'd spot a second-hand Scrabble board for dirt cheap. Well, yesterday was the day.


















I made fridge magnets!

Months back I had picked up a couple of magnetic sheets at the Dollar Store. I've made magnets with the stuff once before. It's sticky on one side and really easy to use. This craft project took me about an hour... no waiting for glue to dry or anything at all. Perfect.

I had some of the sheet left over so I decided to make some old photo booth pictures of my brother and sister into magnets, too.















This craft project was really easy, and a lot of fun. A great welcome back to the kind of crafting I haven't made much time for lately, but really enjoy anyway. And for dirt friggin cheap too! Heehee. Gotta love it. :)

4 comments:

Mama S said...

Great idea. You're my kind of crafty gal. I had the idea, a few months back, to make my own magnetic poetry set, chock full 'o words that have special significance in our family (like "Mo", "Poo-bum", "toot", stuff like that). Never did get around to it.

You may have inspired me to get back at it, once the birthday hullabaloo is over at our house. YAY!

shawn said...

What a good idea, sir! (and those are some scary looking passport photos stuck on your fridge- hope no one let that guy into the country!)

Smelanie said...

Shawn- Yep. Those pictures of you got turned into magnets today, too. Those gems belong on display. They're freakin legendary for crying out loud!

Mama Scarlet- Neat! You can get glossy photo paper at the Dollar Store, too. Would work pretty well for that kinda thing, I reckon. Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Triple word score.