Saturday, April 5, 2008

More mugs?!

You know, this is really starting to become a problem. I don't have room for any more mugs!! But did that stop me today? Did I listen to that little voice of reason inside my head, and restrain myself?

HA! Not friggin likely.














Anyone who has enjoyed a cup of coffee at my parents' house in the last 20 years or so might very well recognize this set. I saw them this morning at the charity garage sale, and had to have them. Simple as that. They remind me of home. They make me happy.

Aww.

Now I just have to figure out where the hell I'm going to put them. It's just gonna take a bit of re-arranging in my kitchen cupboards, I believe. Surely I'll fit them in there somehow.

I picked this one up too!















I used to have a couple "drinking jars" just like it years ago but they ended up getting dropped and breaking. I loved them. I mourned their passing. And I'm pretty sure I squealed a little bit when I spotted this one there today. Are you kidding me? Room or no room, I had to have it, too.

SO. We got the mugs, the drinking jar, a Sesame Street 25 Greatest Hits record, and Scrabble..... for two dollars. How sweet is that?

And thus I have concluded that I'm all done buying mugs. For a little while, at least. It's either that or have some more kitchen cupboards installed! Sheesh.

:)

2 comments:

Mama S said...

I have one word for your mug-storage woes: Hooks.

I share in your mug fetish. I haven't reached the hook point yet, but I'm sure I will soon.

Smelanie said...

Gasp. I actually hadn't thought of hooks! Much easier than installing more cupboards, I'd say. Thanks for the suggestion!