Thursday, March 20, 2008

What's the difference between a fish and a piano?

I love tuna sandwiches, in case you didn't know.

So I made one today for lunch, and it literally blew my mind. It was that good.

Everyone has their own idea of how to make the perfect tuna sandwich. I thought I'd share my version here.

Yum.

To make this sucker, there are a few specifics you'll need, like:

+ President's Choice Hot & Zesty deli sliced pickles.









I LOVE these things, on all sorts of different sandwiches. They're delish. Chop one of them up and put it in the tuna salad. Gives it a perfect little hint of bite.

Additionally, you'll need some green and red peppers, and yellow onions. Mix all four up in some tuna (I like flaked light in water) with a little bit of Miracle Whip or salad dressing of your choice. Not too much, though. You want to be able to taste the tuna, too!

+ Miracle Whip/mustard mix.
I don't have a picture, because it just looks like miracle whip and mustard mixed together. Picture that. You want about 1 part mustard to 3 parts miracle whip. Spread a bit of this on both pieces of bread. As long as it's in a covered container, this stuff will stay good in the fridge for 3 months. It's great on all sorts of different sandwiches too, like black forest ham or BLTs. Try it!

+ Dempster's 12 Grain Bread.
Or some other hearty bread of your choice. I like to toast the bread a little, especially this time of year.

+ pepper.
Sprinkle some on the tuna just before closing the sandwich.















As far as cutting it goes, you'll notice in the first picture that I'm a big fan of the straight-cut. No fancy diagonally-cut tuna sandwiches for me, please.

And there you have it. Simple. And the best part is, there should be enough tuna salad left over to make another one tomorrow. Woohoo!


And oh. What's the difference between a fish and a piano?

You can't tuna fish! :)

No comments: