Sunday, March 16, 2008

The view from my bathroom window.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my camera?

Well, I love it quite a little bit.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I don't know crap about photography, but I don't let that bother me. Not at all. I may not create the subject, but I do create the perspective, the framing, the angle. I choose that unique moment in time to capture. I'm usually pleased with the result. It is art. Instant.

There's beauty in almost everything; you've just got to look at it the right way, at just the right moment.

Like the view from my bathroom window.

No, it's not the ocean. No mountain ranges or pretty trees. I live right in the middle of town. When I look out the window, I see the houses across the street.

So, I was browsing through the photos I've taken since I got my camera at Christmas, and realized I've taken quite a few of the view from my bathroom window. And I actually like the way they came out. Like these ones-


Kind of pretty, for a bunch of houses and power lines.

So, yes. I love my camera. I love the instant gratification of the thing. The imagination that's actually involved. It's a lot of fun.

Oh. And one more. I didn't see beauty when I snapped this picture a couple of months ago. I saw a buttload of snow.

Gah!!! I'm so ready for spring, it isn't even funny........

No comments: