Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour 2008.

Yesterday morning I was watching Canada AM and they were talking with someone from the WWF about Earth Hour. I've heard quite a lot about this in the news as of late. Surely you have too.

I had already sort of been thinking about participating in this. Turning off all the lights between 8 and 9 PM on March 29. And as I sat there watching Canada AM yesterday, it dawned on me. If I'm unwilling to turn off all my lights for one hour as a show of support - me, one of the people claiming to give a crap about climate change and global warming - well, then. Maybe there really isn't any hope for us after all.

After the segment was over I went to the website and signed up.

Yeehaw.

http://www3.earthhourus.org/

So yeah. Tonight between 8 and 9 PM Bruce and I will be sitting here in a totally pitch black apartment like a couple of dinks. Poor Bruce...... you know, I don't really recall asking him what he thought of that idea! I have, however, promised a game of candlelit cribbage to pass the hour... so I'm sure he'll live. Teehee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to suck.

Suck balls.

I really should go to the shop.

Anonymous said...

So I guess now you know what Bruce's thoughts are in the matter. Way to go Bruce!!!

Teehee