Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Big changes.

New (to me!) living room chair + procrastination + a Bruce to move heavy furniture = BIG CHANGES.

Here's yet another before and after shot, this time of a corner in the living room.










These changes actually make the space seem a little smaller, but I like that. I like that things generally seem focused inwardly now, instead of just towards the television. It feels cozy.

The bookshelves and the fish tank are in the bedroom now, where the blue cabinet thingy used to be.














Which, you know, is a real gem in and of itself. We found it beside a garbage bin behind our old apartment last year. Yes, that's right. All it needed was a coat of paint. And a Nova Scotia tartan!

Ah, but the real star of this show is my new living room chair, spotted at our most beloved charity garage sale while out browsing with Bruce's mother yesterday. It's green and corduroy and it swivels and rocks and... well. It's just about the greatest chair I think I've ever plopped my ass into.

I love it. And the cat loves it, too.















Woo!!

2 comments:

Mama S said...

Wish I had me a green corduroy swivelling-rocking chair.

Jealous...!

shawn said...

I have the exazct same chair LOL

We got it for free from Mel's parents' neighbors when we were moving to Saint John. It was a sweet price and yes, a very comfy chair. Rufus loves it!