Friday, March 14, 2008

Happiness is:

What an amazing book. Charles Schulz's very first. It may be an oldie, but jeepers creepers is it ever a goody.

I haven't seen a copy since I was a kid. I would love to get a hold of one. Hm, yet another thing I'll have to start keeping my eyes open for...

"Happiness is a thumb in a blanket.", Schultz writes. "Happiness is an umbrella and a new raincoat."

I always think of this book whenever a simple, little thing makes me happy.

Like this:














Happiness is a macramé owl lit up by the setting sun.

and this:


















Happiness is a freshly loaded banana tree.


and this too:














Happiness is a favorite craft project that isn't anything great, but that you're really proud of anyway.

:)

Though his book may appear to be directed towards children, I think adults are the ones who need to remember to appreciate the little things. Like a thumb in a blanket. Or a new raincoat. Or a freshly loaded banana tree.
As Schulz writes: "Happiness is one thing to one person, and another thing to another person." Give it a try! You might like it.


Offhand, Bruce once told me that he sometimes feels like he lives with a Japanese tourist. Teehee. I really do take a lot of pictures....

Happiness is a digital camera for Christmas! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Queen Victoria picture!!!

Your macramé owl would not load onto my page, however.

Smelanie said...

Well that's no fun. Here, copy and paste this URL into firefox and you should be able to see it...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/melanierose80/owl.jpg

Anonymous said...

Seems to be fine now. The first time the entire page of photos came through except for that one.

Didn't we have that book here?

Smelanie said...

I'm really not sure. Maybe. If it's still there, I want it!!