Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cats are such very odd creatures.

When we first moved into this apartment, there was a crappy old venetian blind on the bathroom window. It was in pretty rough shape. After keeping my eyes open for a curtain I liked and not finding anything, I decided to make my own.

And by make my own, I mean cut up a sheet, hand-sew the appropriate hems, and hang it on a curtain rod. :)

It ended up working out great, though. I couldn't actually use the sheet on the bed because it was too small. And it was just the right colour that I wanted, too.

So like most cats, ours loves to perch himself on the window sill and look outside. Pretty standard behaviour right there. Ever since I put this home-made curtain up over the bathroom window, though, the cat's been acting like a real weirdo.

Check it out...


This isn't an isolated incident. At least once a day - often, more than once - I'll go in the bathroom to find the cat sitting on the clothes hamper, starring at the curtain.

For hours sometimes.

I find this really odd. When it comes to every other window in the place, he'll push himself behind the curtain so he can sit on the sill and look out. Despite the hamper in front of the window, he's still got full access, so that's not the problem. And it's not as if the curtain is all that see-through or anything. He'd have a much better view if it wasn't in his way. So it just doesn't make any sense. Not even a lick.

I have to admit, walking in on this so often can be pretty jarring - it bothers me a little, to be honest. The same way I'm bothered when he chases his own tail. It just seems so dumb.


He is a cat though, after all, so it is excusable. We all know cats are such very odd creatures...

Now if I were ever to walk in the bathroom to see Bruce doing the same thing, I have to say, I'd be pretty worried.

No comments: