Sunday, March 2, 2008

Look Ma, it's half an afghan!


Yessir.

Mom gave me an afghan recipe of Nanny's about a month ago.

Now I don't normally have it on the chair like this, I just put it there for the picture. So don't be deceived. In reality, it's been balled up in a pile on top of my dresser for probably 3 weeks now.

This is the first afghan I've ever tried knitting so I've been feeling quite uneasy about the whole ordeal, especially in the beginning. I underestimated the size I'd end up wanting the thing by about half: as illustrated by the fancy check pattern, which wasn't intentional until I got to sewing the strips together. It's probably big enough to use as a little lap throw kinda thing, but I don't want that. I want a full-sized blanket kinda thing.

Being all out of yarn has seriously slowed the progress of this project. I've just been too lazy/cheap to get more, and that's all there is to it.


Awwwww.


I really am going to finish it. Promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I noticed that kitty seems to like it, too. Teehee

Anonymous said...

The title of this post should have been, "Look Ma, It's a Halfgan."

That is all.