Thursday, January 15, 2009

Xmas gifts for the siblings.

I kinda got off-track with posting the gifts I crafted for Christmas this year, didn't I?

Along with a purchased African mask wall hanging, I gave my brother a journal I modified...

I won't bother explaining the meaning... surely it still won't make a lick of sense to anyone outside of the immediate family. It's just an inside joke from when we were kids.

I bought a notebook from the Dollar Store, and painted the cover. I printed off a black-and-white Popeye, transferred the outline to a piece of light cardboard, and painted it. Glued him on. Printed off the words, and glued them on too. I covered the whole thing with packing tape to protect it.

I made a pocket out of scrap paper on the inside cover too.

I'm happy with how it turned out. It really made my brother giggle. Besides the Dollar Store journal, I used materials I already had for this gift.... gotta love that!


Now. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the tree ornaments I made for my sister and her partner. A real shame. Remember the Beetlejuice animated series? I made Christmas tree ornaments out of various materials and painted Beetlejuice and Lydia on them. They are kinda neat.

I also painted them a picture on a big canvas I've had lying around forever.

Yep, that's an electrical tape frame. I decided to try something a little different. They really liked it!

Woo hoo!!

No comments: