Friday, January 23, 2009

Speaking of nice finds...

I recently decided that I was fed-up with the cushions that came with our love seat. They were huge and misshapen and ugly as sin- and not in the good way, either. I decided I needed to spice things up a little bit. With a WalMart gift card I got for Christmas in tow, I headed out on the hunt.

Well, I was pretty much horrified at the price of cushions there. The very cheapest ones they had were 10 bucks. Which doesn't sound like much at all, sure. But you have to keep in mind just how cheap I am. I am one cheap bastard. Though I prefer to call it "thrify"...

I am one thrify bastard. It wasn't even that the money would be coming out of my own pocket. I had a gift card, man!

But see, I didn't like any of the cushions they had there all that much anyway. They were bland and boring and totally not what I had in mind. It simply wasn't meant to be. I ended up picking up a wine-coloured throw for the couch instead. But I still needed some cushions.

Looked like a job for... you guessed it... the Salvation Army Thrift Store! So off I went.

And look at what I found.

99 cents baby. 99 glorious cents.

I went back a week later and found another one for the same price!

Look at those tassels! Gotta love 'em!

So... it looks like I've started a new collection of funky, ugly (in the good way) couch cushions. I'll be keeping my eyes pealed for more great finds...


Action shot!!


:)

No comments: