Wednesday, January 28, 2009

There's a dryer in our living room.

It's pushed back into a corner, kind of out of the way. But it's still in the living room, and it's a little bit foolish.

Now don't get me wrong... I love having our very own washer and dryer. For the first time in 10 years we don't have to pay to wash our clothes, and it is a fucking luxury and I love it.

So I totally accept the location. I mean honestly, I'd rather have to sleep on top of the damn thing every night than have to go to a laundromat. No lie!

When we moved in, I hung a picture up on a nail above the dryer. It's a weird charcoal sketch we got at a garage sale years ago for a couple bucks.

What with all the "nest feathering" I've been doing lately, it was only a matter of time before I got thinking I wanted something different above the dryer. Maybe something with more colour. I picked up a canvas for really cheap at a discount store, and got busy this past weekend.

Here's what I ended up with...

I do like the red, but all in all I think it's a bit of a miss! I want something bigger. Maybe even a shelf? I'm not quite sure yet. It's definitely going to take some more thought...

I like how it turned out, but I think it's more appropriate for the bedroom wall actually. I'm thinking that's probably where it will end up. Here's a close-up...

I wanted to try something a little different, so I ripped up and painted some sheet music and glued it to the canvas. Ta da.

If I come up with something I like better for the space above the dryer, I'll be sure to post 'er up. So relax. And stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a really cool idea..You are so clever. You must take after your mother..Teehee