Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Whipped this up yesterday.

We decided to re-arrange our living room furniture a couple of weekends ago. We'd had the same basic set-up in here since we moved in. The room is VERY small and I wasn't particularly crazy about the layout we had settled on in the first place. It was time for a change.

I don't really have a good "before" shot. Rest assured, it's friggin' different. I like it. It opened up the space quite a little bit... as well as an entire wall, which suddenly needed re-decorating.

Here's what the wall looked like after we re-arranged the furniture, very poorly lit...

And here's what it looks like now, also poorly lit!

That's "Three's Company" on tv, btw. :)

What I really like about this little project, is that I whipped it up in about an hour, with stuff I already had. I'm happy with what I ended up with. What's not to like about that?!

Here's a slightly better lit close-up, highlighting just how badly the walls need to be re-painted...

I've had the three largest framed pictures hanging separately in other locations for quite a while. I got the two smaller frames at thrift stores months ago, but couldn't think of anything to do with them. Until I decided to whip this up yesterday.

This one didn't have a back or glass. It was just a frame. So I made backing out of a piece of cardboard, and covered it with some wine-coloured fabric . Then I stuck on some dried flowers with Modge Podge. Love that Modge Podge!!

For this one, I cut out a sunset from the calender I had up in the kitchen last year (I save everything, people!), and glued on some dried leaves. Simple has that.


The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenny and the kids really liked it!!!!

And by the way so did MOM

Smelanie said...

LOL