Monday, January 19, 2009

Banana bread!

Have I mentioned that I kinda suck at baking?

Well, I kinda suck at baking... particularly baking from scratch.

I guess it's probably because it's just something I've never done a whole pile of. And practice does make perfect, after all.

So imagine my surprise when I decided to bake a loaf of banana bread yesterday and it actually turned out GREAT! My first time trying! I'm really proud!!


So yummy. Whoda thunk banana bread is such a snap to whip up? Here's the recipe... (thanks Mum!!)


AWESOME BANANA BREAD ANY IDIOT CAN MAKE

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • Grease a 9X5X3" pan
  • In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients
  • In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients
  • Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix for 1 min until uniform. Batter will be lumpy
  • Put in a pan and bake for 65-70 mins until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean

Easy as shit, huh?! Enjoy!! :D

1 comment:

Deej said...

Mmmm. Banana Bread!