Saturday, January 24, 2009

So have you heard...

... that I love thrift stores? Jebus. It's all I've been writing about lately! And so it continues. I went to Value Village earlier today and found quite the gem.

It's been a long-assed time since I went to Value Village. Not since the summer. I'm not sure why, really... I just never think of it. Well, I thought of it last night, for whatever reason, and decided I'd take a run in today and look around at their shit. I've been having really good luck at the Salvation Army Thrift Store lately, so I figured what the hell.

It must have been fate. I struck gold, my friends... in the shape of a gloriously ugly, HUGE, macrame owl!

Allow me to introduce you.

Surely you're all as excited about this as I am.

He makes it official. I collect macrame owls.

I had found 2 owls more than a year ago, on separate occasions, at my dearly beloved charity garage sale. But two isn't really a collection, is it? A third of anything is key. I've been watching out for that crucial third for months and months. Nothing. I really wanted to boast a macrame owl collection, and I was starting to think it would never happen...

So here we are. Thanks, Value Village. I have a macrame owl collection! Boo yeah!

Here's a pic of the three stooges in action...

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you remember the owl we used to have in the living room?

Smelanie said...

Yes I do! Think you still have it in the attic? I'll have to start pestering you to look for it...

meg. said...

wowsa! "a third of anything is key"- kinky!