Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's been a while.

It's been a while since I mentioned my beloved charity yard sale, hasn't it? Well don't you worry. I'm still sniffing out fabulous finds pretty regularly. Here, let me show you a couple of recent gems.

Decorative dried corn! Woo-hoo! Got it just last week. My parents had something like this hanging on the living room wall for a while when I was a kid. Hadn't thought of that in years but I always liked it when I was little. So you can probably imagine how excited I was when I saw this... being the ridiculously nostalgic person that I am and all. I haven't decided yet if I want to hang it in the living room, or the kitchen. We'll see.

Tea cup and saucer! Have I mentioned that I've really gotten to love tea over the past year or so? Well, I have. I'm really into tea, especially when it's chilly outside. And tea just tastes better somehow when you're drinking it out of something like this. Pretty, huh?

I broke the handle about a month ago, unfortunately, and I keep forgetting to buy some super glue to fix it. D'oh!

See the purple glass ashtray draped in dried Gerbera blooms that my Mary Poppins jar is sitting in? I mentioned it in my recent post about my desk. Found it a couple of months ago... and again. My parents had one just like it when I was a kid. I was pretty excited when I found this one, too.

Annnnd.... two of these ceramic wall hanging bird things. They are so ridiculous and I LOVE them. They hang in the bathroom and make me grin like a fool everytime I look at them. Not sure what Bruce thinks when HE looks at them... that I'm a nutcase, no doubt. HA!!


So yup. There ya go.

Moral? Fabulous yard sale finds. Gotta love em!! :D

1 comment:

Mama S said...

Must say - TOTALLY jealous. We don't have any good charity yard sales around here. BooHoo!!!