Friday, May 9, 2008

Speaking of books....

Check it out!

That's right. A whole crap load of books for a phenomenal 13 bucks. And not just any books. Good books. Books I've read and loved and want to read again. Books I've never read and have always wanted to. And even a few I've never even heard of before. What the hell? They were like 25 cents!

I am pretty damn happy.

Bruce's mom told us about this huge used book sale that goes on for a few days every May..... and I'm really glad she did. It started yesterday evening so Bruce and I took a drive over. Holy shit! Books, books, and more books. And lots and lots of people. But we braved the crowd anyway. We simply couldn't help ourselves, especially when we saw the prices!

So we ended up with-

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
The Stories Behind the Words, Expressions and Cliches We Use
The Portable Nietzsche
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
The Mountain and the Valley by Ernest Buckler
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
The African Queen by C.S. Forester
The Stone Angel by Margaret Lawrence
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan
Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Windy Poplars

Quite a haul, eh? I went back again this morning and got 4 more!

Emily of New Moon
Great Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh

Yup. So I'm good for reading material for a little while I'd say...... HA! You'd think I'm some kind of a crazed avid reader, eh? Nope, not quite. I've been reading about a book a month or so. I'd actually like to be reading a little more. So I've decided to buck up and start keeping track of the books I read. The observant observer may have already observed the list on the right hand side of this blog below "Archives". Whenever I finish a book I'll add it to the list. It'll be neat to look back on someday. Maybe it'll motivate me to read more, too.

So there. The friggin mother load. We're all pretty excited about it. Even the cat got into it.

Hey, it ripped him away from the green corduroy chair for a while. You know it's gotta be good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its the thrill of the hunt.Im glad you got the mother load.and headstart tomorrow!!!Life is good :}