Monday, May 12, 2008

Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific.

The other day I got thinking about "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo. I just love the name of it. I love the logo and the colours too. I remember receiving a bottle once when I was a kid for Christmas or my birthday or some other special occasion, from a friend. I wish I could remember what it actually smells like. While one would assume "terrific" - this simply leaves too much to the imagination. There are all kinds of smells that one could rightly describe as "terrific", so that's really no help whatsoever.

As I am wont to do when I get thinking about this or that, I ended up doing a search on Google. Apparently "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo is only available now in the Philippines. Bah. Since I don't really see any trips to the Philippines in my immediate future, it seems I'm left to keep on wishing I could remember what it smells like. Now I could order a bottle of it online from Ebay, it looks like, if only I was willing to pay more in shipping costs than for the actual shampoo itself! I am not curious enough. Screw that.

So I live in Canada and not the Philippines. Oh well. We have plenty of terrific smelling smelly products of our own to appreciate and enjoy.

Calgon's Mmmmm! Bath & Body products. I can't really imagine "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific" shampoo smelling quite as terrific as this. I have 3 of their body mists - Orange Pop, Marshmallow, and Vanilla Swirl. I love these scents... they're just delicious. Almost good enough to eat!

"DO NOT EAT". Gotta know you're dealing with a pretty remarkable body mist when it's got a warning like that printed on the label. How exactly one would go about eating a bottle of perfume, however, is beyond me.

And thus concludes this little ode to my absolute favorite smelly product line. Calgon's Mmmmm! Don't you feel oh so much better now knowing what smells Smel loves best? Next time you're in Shopper's Drug Mart, take a sniff. Mmmmm!

No comments: