Monday, May 5, 2008

Move over, multigrain rolls....

There's a new loaf in town, 'cause I'm feelin good.
Get a smile, get a song, for the neighborhood
Things are great when you stand on your own two feet
and this loaf's here to say
with some luck and love life's gonna be
so sweeeeeeeeeet!


Yes, that's right. The multigrain rolls I blogged about back in April are old news now. I've moved forward. Last week I discovered something I had never even given a chance before...

Sobeys' Multigrain loaf.

Doesn't that look hearty? Mmm. It's loaded full of flax seeds and sunflower seeds and other indiscernible seedy type things and... I just really enjoy it.

And you read right. Sobeys. Now we don't usually do our grocery shopping there, so this may well end up posing a problem in time. We just happened to take a run in one evening last week to pick up a couple of things. Multigrain bread wasn't on the list but they had a table piled high just inside the doors and they looked way too good to leave there.

I actually bought 3 multigrain rolls the next day when we took our weekly trip into the Superstore. And they're still in the freezer, untouched. I've been eating the bread. It's really good!

So it seems this new bread has ushered in a new generation of great tuna sandwiches around here. Remember the sucker I blogged about back in March?

Yup, that's the one. Those haven't been around for quite a few weeks. I was using the rolls instead of bread for a while, but the sandwiches have really evolved now. They're pretty different. I had one today for lunch. Here it is.


There are changes you can't see here, too. I've been making my tuna sandwiches with green onion instead of white. I haven't been putting green pepper in them either. Everything else is the same as before. And boy are they somethin' else.

So this is where I'm at with tuna sandwiches lately. I thought the faithful reader deserved an update. Incidentally, I still have some tuna salad left over in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. Yum! Tuna salad tastes way better the next day, doesn't it? Surely someone out there will agree.

And oh yes, to finish up. The lyrics at the beginning of this post are from the theme to Alice, in case they rang any bells. With "loaf" replacing "girl", of course. Remember Alice?

AKA One Of The Greatest Shows To Ever Air. "Mel's Diner". I always liked the sounds of that!!

4 comments:

Bruce said...

Sigh. Alice...

I'm *not* downloading that. Nor will I watch it.

Smelanie said...

Mel, kiss mah gritz!!

You'll hear it, if nothing else.

I actually hadn't thought of trying to download it till you mentioned it. So now you only have yourself to blame.

Mwah ha ha.

shawn said...

Well, kiss my grits! Does anyone remember why Mel was always so angry?

PS: VERA!

Mama S said...

Gawd, I haven't seen that show in years. I can't believe you remember it, to be honest.

But downloading it? Brilliant suggestion, Bruce!