Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Little Forklift That Could.

A Little Forklift had a very heavy car to carry into a mechanic's shop.

All was well until he came to the ramp in front of the big doors.


It was the middle of winter, and the ramp was covered in a thick sheet of ice. No matter how hard the Little Forklift tried, he could not move the heavy car up the ramp in front of the big doors.

His wheels spun and spun and spun. He backed off and tried again. Vroom, vroom!
But no, he could not make it up the ramp and through the big doors.

"Surely I can find someone to help me," the Little Forklift thought.

Just then, he saw Smelanie come along, paint and brushes in tow.

"Will you help me?", the Little Forklift asked.


"I'll see what I can do!" Smelanie replied.



Quite a predicament the little guy put me in, eh?


Well, here's what I came up with:


Flames.

Now I do feel a need to explain this one, but I'm not exactly sure how. What possible explanation for painting flames on the side of a forklift could I give that would be considered reasonable?

I work part-time in Bruce's car shop. There is a forklift there that he and his Dad use to lift scrap cars into said shop. Bruce decided to work some overtime an evening a couple of weeks ago. I decided to paint flames on the forklift.

That's really all the explanation I have to offer.




Some people see things that are and ask, Why?

And some people see things that are, and paint flames on them. :)

No comments: