Monday, February 18, 2008

Does this curtain make my window look fat?

So previously, I had an orange curtain and valence on my living room window. With pom-poms. A gloriously whimsical Frenchy's find! The curtain was white, originally, which I had dyed orange. I love the colour, and the pom-poms... though sadly, the curtain itself was just a little too short (it just reached the sill) - I'd been wanting to do something about it for quite some time. I just couldn't come up with any ideas.

Last week Bruce's Mom gave me a set of white sheers. Covered in cute little flower and leaf designs. Real friggin pretty. She'd gotten them from a friend, found she couldn't use them after all, so passed them on to me.

Apparently I had nothing better to do this afternoon (the entire operation ended up taking like an hour to complete), so I put them on my window. I decided to tack the old orange curtain in behind, and hang the sheers in front.

As it turns out, the effect is actually quite pretty when the daylight shines through. I managed to keep the whimsy and colour while adding length and opacity. Go me.


Kitty seems to like it! And Bruce too (no picture of him perched on the window sill so you'll just have to take my word for it...)

Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aah! It would have been neat to see a picture of Bruce perched on the windowsill....

M.B