Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Curtis.

"Curtis! by the cheese n' rice!
What's that atop your head?"
"Tis Q-tips sir!" the young jar beams,

The old one turns bright red.

"Toiletry?! A son of mine?!"
he cries and oh he wails,
"I thought you'd be a manly man!

Store screws and tacks and nails."


"They think I'm cute!" the young lad grins
"I'm the luckiest jar of all!
Maybe one day your lot will improve
and you'll store some.. cotton balls!" :)



Hm, Father Jar there looks quite shocked. I don't think he's going for that idea at all.


It's funny how these little craft projects of mine sometimes just fall together.

I'd had this tiny pickling jar under the sink for months, along with a bunch of other glass jars I have saved. It was originally found in an old scrap car that was being stripped. I've never seen one so little. I just had to save it.

Anyway, last night I decided I need something to keep chalk in, so I thought I'd paint the little jar. I got the base coats down... in white... and decided it was a dumb idea. It would be holding a bunch of coloured chalk. My paint job would be ruined.

I think I'm just going to have a few pieces of chalk on the ledge of the board, and keep the rest in a nearby drawer.

So let's get to the meat of the issue: I decided to use the jar for storing Q-tips instead. I was going to just paint "Q-tips" on there, but decided to do something fun. His tuft of hair is a piece of yarn from the scarf I knat last week, tied around the rim and frayed. I always keep googly eyes on hand, because you just never know when you'll need some googly eyes. So I glued those on.

"Curtis" has found a home on a shelf in the bathroom that I painted a while back.


Isn't he cute? Even Bruce thinks so!

Teehee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he is very cute..I was a bit disappointed, however. I thought perhaps you would have a picture of Bruce perched on the shelf with Curtis or at least a picture of his hand reaching out for a Q-tip, Bruce's hand, that is.

Mum