Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I knat a scarf.

One wouldn't say, "I sitted all day",

Then why would one say that they knitted?

It took me all week! So it's my choice to say,

I didn't knitted this scarf. I knat it!


Ingredients:
- 2 balls Lion Brand Yarn Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick® purchased at Michael's craft store on a whim with no plan in mind because it's just the prettiest, softest yarn you've ever seen, and you simply must have it.
- 2 10mm knitting needles.
- scissors.



Directions:
1. Start knitting. Given the fact that you only taught yourself how to knit a couple of months ago, promptly decide to attempt a simple scarf.
2. Realize that 25 stitches is too wide. This yarn is damn thick. Unravel. Start over.
3. Knit first row.
4. Knit first 2 stitches of second row. Then Purl, to last 2 stitches; Knit.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 approximately eight times. Keep track with tick marks on a piece of scrap paper, because you know you'll lose count if you don't and mess the thing up.
6. Cut yarn, leaving a 2 inch tail. Tie the second colour onto the tail of the first, and start knitting with it on the next row.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 while watch television in the evening until you run out of yarn, approximately one week later.
8. Weave in tails. Iron flat on steam between two towels.


Result:
A friggin scarf.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't knit, Mel, ._.
I think you should make a nice, informative video, ^_^
It'd be great O_O

Also, pretty kitty ^_^
Lmao.

Tanzi

Matt Best! said...

Hey mutt, I love that you have "ingredients", it sounds like your stirring all those things in a bowl and pulling out a scarf!

Also, I just had an online test for English, it asked what the hardest song on Guitar Hero 3 was as a bonus; through the fire and flames, dragonforce. good for a solid two points.

Smelanie said...

Tanzi: A video?! No need. Here you go. http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-knit-a-scarf

I used that series to learn myself!

You should give it a try. Knitting is a lot of fun (seriously!).



Matt: Good to hear all that playing ended up paying off!

You mutt.