Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mum's gift.

SO. The Christmas crafting bonanza has come to its timely end. I didn't end up doing any more decorating after all. Well. Besides re-decorating the tree after it fell over!

No sir. I was totally consumed with crafting Christmas gifts and simply didn't have the time to be messing with silly decorations. Our living room was a pig sty for about two weeks. Things got pretty hairy. I don't know why I always leave stuff so late...

The good news is, though, I finished all of the gifts I wanted to finish, and the recipients seemed pleased with the fruits of my frenzied labor. I took pictures of most of what I made. But of course!

Here's what I gave my mother.

I took a glass canister I already had but wasn't using, and made a label, glued on some vintage buttons and tied some pretty yarn around the lid. Then stuffed the whole thing full of - you guessed right - assorted teas!

The back label:

Some of the teas came from a variety pack I bought. Others, from my own personal stash, which I packaged up and made labels for.



So that's that.

I also made her some earrings! Yep. I've been getting really into making jewelry lately. I'll blog about that later. It's so much fun!!

Unfortunately, I'm a dough head and forgot to take a picture of the actual earrings I gave mum for Christmas. Here's a photo of a "prototype"...

.... "prototype" because they were the first earrings I ever made, and once I figured out how to do it I ran out and bought more, different coloured beads. So she ended up with the light blue ones in the centre of the card, a red pair, and a green pair.

And that's what I gave my mum for Christmas. I think she really liked the gifts. I had a blast crafting them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd say she really LOVED them!!!!!


Thanks Smelanie