Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Deck the Halls!

Well. I've been crafting like a crazy asshole lately. It's the Christmas Season, and I get extremely crafty around this time of year. Now that I'm an adult, I think it's a big reason why I love the Holidays so much. Gets those crafty juices flowing all over the damn place.

Why haven't I been blogging my brains out, then? Because a lot of my recent doings will be given away as Christmas gifts! And since I'm not sure who's reading this blog and who isn't these days, I really can't take the risk...

But don't worry. Christmas decorations are totally blog-safe. So here's how I've decked our halls thus far:

Our tree!

The popcorn took me two days and a whole lotta mess to string... but it was worth it!

We ended up trimming a few limbs from the bottom of the tree to even it out a little... I've actually worked shearing Christmas trees a summer or two (or three!) in the past, and am stupidly picky when it comes to our own tree.

So I saved the limbs we trimmed... had some popcorn left over and a string of beads I bought LAST year that never made it to the tree... and whipped this up.

I wish I had some more brush for the other doorway! Living in the city, unfortunately, that would mean buying some? Pft. Screw that!

And. A chain of paper gingerbread men I made last night and hung on our tv stand. I think it's kinda cute!

And that, my friends, is a little snippet of what I've been up to lately. I'll be sure to let y'all know of any more halls deckage that may go on here in the next couple of weeks!

Christmas! YAY!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the tree very much..although I noticed it doesn't reach the very top of the ceiling which is where you insist our tree must be...

Great Gingerbread men too!!